- Women are never disarmed by compliments. Men always are. That is the difference between the sexes.
- All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy.
No man does. That’s his.
- Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a man’s last romance.
- A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.
- Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
- Men marry because they are tired; women, because they are curious; both are disappointed.
- As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.
- She wore far too much rouge last night and not quite enough clothes. That is always a sign of despair in a woman.
- A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction.
Oscar Wilde was witty in an one-liner comedian sort of way. These are just a sampling of his views on the fairer sex.